Jus by Julie 5 Day Cleanse Review

Leave a Comment

I've been a bit...blah lately. My depression has been pretty bad, I didn't stick to my diet, stopped exercising, and had a bad fibro flare up. I wanted something simple to follow, little to no work on my part, while eliminating gluten, and give my colon a bit of a break. So I decided to try a Jus by Julie "cleanse." Why do I put "cleanse" in quotations? Well your liver cleanses your body and I don't think I'll be getting rid of any toxins. But, there is a reason I chose Jus over the other competitors.

1. You Need More Than Juice
     
       A lot of the other brands are just juice, which I find wasteful, as well as lacking in important nutrient. The skin of many fruits and veggies have some of the best benefits, including fiber. Fiber is important for carrying a lot of things through your body, for example cholesterol. I was also looking for higher calories since most juices are extremely low in calories. I also wanted to have the option to have protein and Jus has protein smoothies in their custom cleanses.

2. Caloric Intake

      I wanted something close to 900 calories a day. This is about the same as the 3 day military diet and because I have done that multiple times without issue, I felt that 900 calories was safe for me. Companies like Pressed Juicery have 3 cleanse levels that allow you to have as much as 1330 calories a day, for beginners, and as low as 760 calories a day. They also contain fiber and protein. I, however, refuse to pay for celery juice. That's a bit of a waste for me, but I also found that I wasn't interested in a lot of their ingredients. I'm not a big date, cucumber, celery, aloe, or parsley kind of person. A lot of the ingredients are just very watery vegetables and because I have absolutely no sense of smell I cannot taste herbs. So parsley, mint, and vanilla extract are completely lost on me. So it was just a matter of preference.

3. Price

      Raw                            - 3 Day Protein Cleanse $99 (sale price).
   
      Pressed Juicery          - 5 Days, non-member price, $132.50
                                         - 30 bottles (5 for $20), you can pick what you like, $120

      Juice from the Raw    - 5 Day, only 20 bottles, $199.99 on Amazon
                                         - 3 Day, collagen infused, 18 bottles, $114.99 on Amazon

      Lemonkind                 - 3 Day, 24 pouches, $139.99

   
      Suja                             - 3 Day, 21 bottles, $99 on Amazon

      Organic Better            - 3 Day, 18 bottles, $196

      Project Juice               - 5 Day, 30 bottles, $375

      Jus by Julie                 - 5 Days, 30 bottles, $123 + free shipping (with 40 % off)


My 5 Day "Cleanse"

Preparing

       As recommended by Jus, I took a few days prior to my "cleanse" to eliminate meat and heavier foods. So I spent 2 days just eating fruits and vegetables and drinking tomato juice, I love tomato juice.  I also ate a lot of things like grapefruit, kale, and drank kombucha. I tried to cut back on quantity and not eat as late as I usually would. 

Day 1



            Morning Glow         - Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Banana, Orange Juice, Ginger, 
                                                             Coconut Oil, Collagen

                         Green Radiance        - Spinach, Mango, Apple, Strawberries, Ginger, Coconut Oil 

                         Berry Strong             - Blueberries, Almond Butter, Coconut Milk, Chia Seeds, 
                                                             Cacao Nibs, Organic Vegan Protein, Maca Powder
                               
                         Spicy Pomegranate   - Pomegranate, Lemon, Cayenne Pepper, Agave

                         X-treme Greens        - Spinach, Pineapple, Orange, Hemp Seeds, Lemon

                         Choco-nana              - Cacao Powder, Banana, Strawberry, Pomegranate, 
                                                             Coconut Milk

                        Total:     930 Calories
                        Favs:     Morning Glow & Berry Strong (this one was almost like a smoothie bowl).
                        Weight: I forgot to weigh my first morning so I'm not crediting anymore than a 1 lb                                            loose unless a more significant trend develops. 

Day 2



                          Acai Blend               - Açai, Blueberries, Banana, Coconut milk

                         Green Radiance        - Spinach, Mango, Apple, Strawberries, Ginger, Coconut Oil

                         Sweet Spin                - Spinach, Mango, Pineapple, Banana, Rice Milk
                             
                         Chia Berry                - Strawberry, Chia Seeds, Lemon, Pomegranate, Agave

                         X-treme Greens        - Spinach, Pineapple, Orange, Hemp Seeds, Lemon

                         Choco-nana              - Cacao Powder, Banana, Strawberry, Pomegranate,
                                                             Coconut Milk

                        Total:     860 Calories
                        Favs:     Acai Blend & Sweet Spin. I'm finding the greens more palatable than
                                      I did on the first day.
                        Weight: 157 lbs (happy so far since I've been around 160 lately).


Day 3



              Raw Green Protein   - Spinach, Romaine Lettuce, Apple, Nutmeg, Chia Seeds, 
                                        Organic Vegan Protein, Cinnamon, Ginger, Agave

                    Watermelon Wizard  - Watermelon, Pineapple, Strawberries, Maqui Powder, Lemon

                         Green Radiance        - Spinach, Mango, Apple, Strawberries, Ginger, Coconut Oil                 
                         Sweet Spin                - Spinach, Mango, Pineapple, Banana, Rice Milk  
    
                         Chia Berry                - Strawberry, Chia Seeds, Lemon, Pomegranate, Agave

                         X-treme Greens        - Spinach, Pineapple, Orange, Hemp Seeds, Lemon              

                        Total:     830 Calories
                        Favs:     Raw Green Protein & Sweet Spin. Loving the greens even more now. 
                        Weight: 155.5 lb

Day 4



Acai Blend                            - Açai, Blueberries, Banana, Coconut milk
            
     X-treme Greens        - Spinach, Pineapple, Orange, Hemp Seeds, Lemon    
                    
       Chia Berry                - Strawberry, Chia Seeds, Lemon, Pomegranate, Agave

                        Sweet Spin                - Spinach, Mango, Pineapple, Banana, Rice Milk   

                        Spicy Lemonade       - Lemon, Cayenne Pepper, Agave

                        Raw Green Protein   - Spinach, Romaine Lettuce, Apple, Nutmeg, Chia Seeds, 
                                        Organic Vegan Protein, Cinnamon, Ginger, Agave
    
                        Total:     800 Calories
                        Favs:     Raw Green Protein & Acai Blend. 
                        Weight: 158 lb How am I back to where I started? Well it may be the salt in the
                                                 instant broth I had yesterday, probably not from the herbal tea.
                                                 I'm a bit frustrated but I'm also proud I'm on day 4, I don't want
                                                 to go and binge a bunch of bad food like I did on day 1. All of
                                                 my cravings are for healthy whole foods like roasted veggies
                                                 or quinoa. My stomach feels much better. I'm not bloated,
                                                 experiencing heartburn, or cramping. I have IBS and tend to
                                                 know what bothers me, but plenty of healthy food do bother me
                                                 that I enjoy, like red peppers, onion, and tomatoes. So far nothing
                                                 has upset my digestion but I also prepped for this for several days
                                                 so I don't know how it would go for someone who doesn't really
                                                 prepare themselves. 

                          
Day 5





                         Berry Strong             - Blueberries, Almond Butter, Coconut Milk, Chia Seeds, 

                                                             Cacao Nibs, Organic Vegan Protein, Maca Powder

Sweet Spin                - Spinach, Mango, Pineapple, Banana, Rice Milk 

         Chia Berry                - Strawberry, Chia Seeds, Lemon, Pomegranate, Agave

   X-treme Greens        - Spinach, Pineapple, Orange, Hemp Seeds, Lemon 

                        Spicy Lemonade       - Lemon, Cayenne Pepper, Agave

                        Green Radiance        - Spinach, Mango, Apple, Strawberries, Ginger, Coconut Oil

                        Total:     710 Calories
                        Favs:     Berry Strong & Sweet Spin. 

                        Weight: 155.5 lb. I gave the lemonade to my husband, I hate lemonade, I know I'm
                                                     the only American who does. I love lemon on lots of things just
                                                     not in my drinks usually. I will give another weigh in on Day 6
                                                     for a final result and I plan on using this as a starting point for low
                                                     calorie meal planning. I also need to slowly introduce some foods
                                                     back in so Day 6 won't include any meat, just veggies and a few
                                                     other things. 


Results


Day 6 and I've weighed in at 153.5 lbs, so i've lost about 5 pounds. I do wonder if I could have lost more if I would not have drank Lipton with all the salt. But indulging in something salty like that helped me keep to the 5 days so I don't regret it. Now I'm slowly adding food back in and doing a few smoothies. Don't want to shock my system. I plan to keep under 900 calories a day for a while. This strawberry bruschetta with goat cheese on toast is only 297 calories by my calculations. https://www.judgenutrition.com/recipes/strawberry-bruschetta 

I have a pinterest board where I am pinning recipes under 300 calories Pinterest Board as well as a separate instagram that i occasionally use for health and food Instagram.  

Here is my 40% off link again if you need it. You get 40% off, I get 1000 points and it takes 750 points to get a $10 reward. I have no idea if they are stackable so I'm not sure how beneficial it will be for me in the future, but, in that nature of transparency I thought I'd share.


0 comments:

Post a Comment