Flower Fairies

Leave a Comment
I've been working on flower fairies for about 4 years now, it doesn't seem that long! I am just now starting to see a business take shape out of a hobby. Now I sell on Etsy and locally, but I find my dolls do better on Etsy. I'm not at the stage yet to run from craft fair to craft fair but I believe that will be a good avenue once I have enough inventory and energy. 

PMDD Awareness Fairy

Custom for Collab w/ Kats Creations @katscreations777 
She wanted this fairy to blend in with a wreath.

Blue Fairy

Skeleton Fairy (still available) I used a pattern
for her wings and took apart dollar tree skeletons.
I had to remove the coating with acetone and then
I shaded them with chalk pastels. I glued the pieces
to form wings. All of her flowers are polymer clay.

Acorn Fairy. Her bodice is a wool roving.

Purple Fairy

Country Chic Fairy.

Mini Fairies.

Purple Flower Fairy (still available). I now make an effort to
make and offer 4 different skin tones for all of my dolls and 
fairies. Its been wonderful to hear the feedback from customers
that were under-served before. Representation in art matters.

Rainbow Fairy.

Home Fairy. This fairy is holding embroidery floss
wrapped wire. I find the best way to do this is to wrap
the wire first and then make your shape. I just eyeballed
this work but you could use a guide.

Lantern Fairy. For her lantern I used a glass sphere, used for
jewelry making, and added on polymer clay. I really love how
this one turned out.

Blue Fairy.

Snowball Fairy. (still available). I love the idea of fairies
hiding in plain site. So for Christmas I decided that little
snowball fairies would be cute.

Green and Pink Fairy. Sometimes I have to 
make myself add more and more to my fairies.
I can be rather simplistic but I like how it looks
once I'm finished. So for this one I just added
as many rainbow pearls as I could.  

Green and Pink Fairy (still available). For wings I often use
butterflies from Hobby Lobby. The work well for a variety of
dolls and people seem to really like them. It an even better 
option if you find them clearanced for some reason.

Makeup Fairy (still available). For her little makeup compact
I find that Brat accessories work very well for this size of 
doll. I painted the inside of the compact because originally
all the makeup was the same color.

Color Shifting Flower Fairy. I used color shifting pigments for
Solar Color Dust. This is one of their chameleon colors that
shifts from green, blue, and purple. 

Rainbow Fairy (still available). I love curling the embroidery
floss with variegations. I don't think it works well straight.

Bird Fairy/Sprite. (still available). I was able to collect some
driftwood in Arizona while visiting my in-laws. The feathers are
real but the skull is resin. I finally have a real skull to do something
with but I had to wait until I found on intact. My mom found a nest
in their chimney, otherwise they can be around $30 on Etsy and
I wasn't going to give that much. 

Pink & Blue Fairy

Fairy on Desert Wood (still available). I enjoy adding in different
materials and giving them something to sit on. 

Tooth Fairy Jars  (still available)

Etsy Shop: Edmund Designs
Facebook: Edmund Designs
Instagram: Edmund Designs
YouTube:  Edmund Designs

0 comments:

Post a Comment