Pets & Kids: This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things!

Leave a Comment

He's cute isn't he? He's so adorable it makes you want to scream into a pillow. It get's better. 


He's only 3 lbs at 2 year old's.


His name is Dobby. I got him from a gal who was leaving for college and couldn't take him with.
He's spoiled, can you tell? 


Dobby is in love.


With our resident bunny whisperer. However.....

THEY DESTROY MY HOUSE! Ugh.

At some point in life I gave up on having anything white, furniture with right angles, and laundry pods. 

Or open boxes of cereal....

You see that? That was a off white chair. No longer have it. No joke, my husband was holding a wine glass and it just exploded. The cosmos just freaked out and said: "Shit! There's a mom with semi-white furniture. Quick! It must be stained!"

So you get it. Mom's, be it of pets or human spawn, we can't have Instagram houses, k? Yet that's all you see on Instagram and Facebook. Theses posh living rooms and bedrooms with white faux fur rugs, cream colored rugs, and right angles everywhere! 

Just yesterday my poor bunny had a stomach episode. If you know anything about bunny's it's that they had hard solid little pellets of shit. If you didn't know, they can be litter box trained, and mine is. Not that he doesn't leave little "presents" now and then.


Ok, so these two forces collided yesterday morning as he proceeded to a have a soft "present" next to my computer chair. As always Clyde was close to Bonnie as she was sitting in that computer chair and proceeded to roll around smearing it across my carpet. She tells my husband, but tells him she's got it and it's cleaned up. Who believes an 8 year old when they say that?! 

Anyways, I keep a spot rug cleaner on hand and hand shampooed a good portion of the living room. I mean why clean up one spot when you can just keep going. But as irritating as that is I can't get over all these nice living rooms of these people with pets, that you know are having accidents. Case and point: I recently bought what looked like and amazing cream rug on Instagram from this really really nice neighborhood. It wasn't until I got it home and started shampooing it that all the pet stains came up and it reeked. Luckily I got a refund but these people had this in their home, and it was a nice home. To me it just proved that so many people are taking these photos at just the right angle and lots of editing. I know it's their job I just have to remind myself not to aspire to a certain lifestyle. 


How can you not give into that little ball of adorable....and the kid, lol. 









0 comments:

Post a Comment