Lush Haul

Leave a Comment

I am over the moon to do this haul. Visiting a Lush store for the first time was a real treat for me. I have never tried Lush products before and since I knew I would be near a Lush while helping my sister move to Virginia I had to pay a visit. Just weeks before I almost made a purchase online but the cost of shipping, in comparison to what I was buying, was a bit much for me. I wanted the opportunity to try things in store to help make up my mind and oh boy did it ever! The day Missouri ever gets a Lush I will be one happy girl! 


So off to the mall my sister and I went and the poor thing, being pregnant, couldn't get near the store! She said she could smell it stores away and once you walk in you can totally tell why. 


All of their soaps, bars, bath bombs, bubble bars, etc. are all unwrapped and sitting on shelves, in crates and baskets which makes it feel like a glamorous upscale candy shop for bath goods. Bath & Body Works has nothing on these guys. Plus they are cruelty free while using amazing ingredients and techniques to make their products with vegan selections. I swear I only went in for one thing but alas I came out with a bit more. If I had a sense a smell I probably would have had no self restraint!  


The store is so fresh and clean looking with all of these beautiful colors. If I lived next to one I'd be in real trouble! So without further ado here is what I got on my first Lush trip. 


My only intended purchase was the Silky Underwear Dusting Powder which has a jasmine scent. I actually wanted the Vanilla Puff which has a real vanilla pod inside however it contains talc which really surprised me with Lush. So I chose the Silky Underwear which has no talc. I've also been looking for a good facial moisturizer as I recently gave up my Clean & Clear to find a cruelty free alternative. I have to try my facial moisturizers. I'm very picky but was pleased with the feel of Skin Drink which contains some amazing oils, aloe vera, cocoa butter, and avocado! For some it may be a bit pricey at $23.95 for 1.5 oz however at that price its cheaper than the DDF Moisture Dew I use to buy at almost $40 an oz. I wish it had a pump but as the woman at Lush told me that is because it is packaged by hand and this container is easier to fill. You'll notice when you look on the bottom of Lush products there is a sticker with a cartoon avatar of the employee who made the product, their name, date it was made, and when its good til. I love this kind of awareness in regards to where your product is coming from and how much care is put into it. Very cool idea!

I also made sure to pick up some staples. I got two different kinds of Toothy Tabs which are dried tooth paste drops making them great for travel, some Honey Trap lip balm, Ultrabalm for anything and everything, and a Pink Bath Bomb for my little girl. My little girl loved the bath balm. It turned the water pink and had confetti hearts on the inside! I would have also picked up D'Fluff shaving soap however they only had the large and I wanted the smaller so the gal gave me a small sample. It has fresh strawberries in it and my mom said it smelled amazing. I can't wait to try out my little sample and then cave and order a big one! 

Here is a breakdown of everything I got with links:


A fix all balm and I've heard some people use it for burns and cuts so I may give that a try as well.

This contains spearmint and will be the closest to traditional flavored toothpaste.

This is their most popular from what i'm told and really intrigued me. It contains vanilla, black licorice and sandalwood.

This is an amazing balm with oat milk, olive oil, peppermint oil, honey, shea butter and so much more. It might be new favorite of mine.

Jasmine scented with grated cocoa butter which feels amazing on the skin. This was my only intended purchase and it did not disappoint.

So much goodness in one little pot. Fresh avocado, rose oils, and aloe vera are just the beginning. Non greasy with great skin conditioning sold me on this product. I am not a fan of greasy facial moisturizer no matter what their claims. 

I'm not gonna lie one of the reasons I bought this bath bomb was it was one of the cheapest. Taking a $5 or more bath is out of the question for me. I thought it was be a nice treat for my daughter however I'm looking forward to learning to make my own bath bombs and bubble bars. I steered away from the bubble bars as they were around $10-$12 which was excessive for me.


I hope you all enjoyed this haul and can get to a Lush to check it out for yourself because it really is a treat!




0 comments:

Post a Comment