Porcini Chuck Roast with Macadamia Carrot Greens Basil Pesto

Leave a Comment

So I have started watching the 7th season of Masterchef Australia which I've never seen before and I watched them cook this amazing venison and I wanted it soooo bad. However, the local grocer does not carry venison and my parents are 4 hrs away so that was out. So I though I'd do a pot roast which we all enjoy at my house. Upon entering the store I just had a touch of inspiration and decided I wanted lost of color and did not want to throw all of my ingredients into one pot. So here is everything in order and I will tell you now my head is already mulling over new ideas on how to improve this and make it look even better, as plating is not my forte.

Chuck Roast

Beef Chuck Roast
Garlic
Onion
Shallot
Lavender
Dried Porcini Mushrooms
Sel Magique
Flour
Butter
Olive Oil
Knorrs Homestyle Stock in Beef
3 Cups of Water

Dice garlic, onion, & shallot and set aside. Amount is based on preference. Toast off lavender in skillet and set aside. Mix Sel Magique with flour (I did this because I only had a sample and needed to make it go farther for the sear) and coat the roast. I seared the beef on all sides in a mix of olive oil and butter then placed it in the crock pot. I then took the same pan and added the garlic, onion, shallot, lavender, and mushrooms. I cooked it down for awhile and then added the stock (which comes in a small cup) and added water to make the broth. I brought the broth up to a boil and then added the liquid to my crock pot and set it on high.


Macadamia Carrot Greens Basil Pesto

This was a bit trial and error because carrot greens are bitter so many people do not use them. I started using a recipe from one site because I really wanted to use those carrot greens but they did not counter the bitterness very well. So I decided I would need basil and found a recipe through bon appetit which can be found here. You will need

Carrot Greens
Basil
Olive Oil
Parmesan Cheese
Macadamia Nuts
Salt
Pepper

They do not tell you to but I roasted my macadamia nuts before pulsing them. They also have the recipe for the carrots but its standard stuff.

Oven Roasted Carrots

Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper

I only did mine with salt and olive oil. They also tell you to use vegetable oil but I prefer the olive oil.

Indigo Rosemary & Garlic Potatoes

This is actually a Gordon Ramsay recipe I just used Indigo potatoes instead. We've done this one many times and its always very tasty and easy to do. It can be found on thegordonrasayblog.com here. They take

Potatoes
Garlic
Olive Oil
Rosemary
Salt 
Pepper


As you can see the roast doesn't look like a roast given the way I sliced it but it was very tender and I'm happy it held up for photos. I so many ideas about how to do this next time and I'm so glad I tried a pesto sauce with beef because it is divine!


Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment